RISK MANAGEMENT - SPECIAL EVENTS
As per BC Hockey:
The purpose of sanctioning a special event is to extend Hockey Canada Insurance Program coverage such as Major Medical / Dental Coverage to activities that do not fall under regular hockey programming.
Special Event Sanctions are for usage of events such as dryland training, fundraisers, and other activities outside of regular hockey programming. Not all activities are eligible for coverage. See the Special Event Sanction Guidelines (PDF) for additional information regarding possible coverage eligibility of specific events.
REQUEST COVERAGE FOR A SPECIAL EVENT
- To request coverage for such events, a Special Event Sanction Request Form should be submitted to the BC Hockey office at least 7-10 business days prior to the start of the planned event.
- A separate Special Event Sanction Request Form should be submitted for each different activity. However, if the same activity will occur multiple times, such as dryland training, one request can be submitted for all the dates that activity will occur.
- The form must be completed in full.
- For dates, it is acceptable to use a span or list of dates.
- Please include a detailed description. Listing a generic description such as “dryland training” is insufficient and the form will be returned with a request to expand on the activities.
- All Sanction Requests will be returned regardless of whether they are approved or denied. Processed Sanction Requests will be returned via email to the MHA President, Junior or Senior Team President, or Major Midget League Team Manager.