The Richmond Ravens offer goalie development for all goalies in our association (and any players interested in trying out the position!)
- For all goalies U7-U18
- Sessions every week
- No extra cost
Not sure yet if you want to be a goalie? No problem! We offer rental gear so you can try it without the commitment.
ABOUT THE TRAINERS & SESSIONS
The Richmond Ravens work with Magic Goalie Development (MGD), the premiere goalie training team in BC. They have a qualified team of coaches that are professional and well-trained.
Goalie clinics are intense, focused, and fun sessions for goalies to work on all aspects of their position throughout the season. They take place at Richmond Ice Centre and Minoru Arena and operate with a ratio of 4 goalies to 1 coach.
MGD's main objective with the Ravens is to build solid foundational skills in each goalie so they can excel at the higher levels. This includes goalies at U7 right through to U18.
For all goalies:
- Movement (ready position movement, forward, backward, lateral, tracking)
- 1st shot save (right save skill for right situation, use of appropriate equipment, stance)
- Rebound Control (stick, pads, glove, blocker, body)
- Tracking/Post Play (tracking behind the net, wraparounds, post play, VH, RVH)
- Athleticism & compete (speed, control, power, agility, balance, never quits on pucks)
Additional for advanced goalies:
- Awareness (anticipated play, awareness of attack and support tendencies, patience)
- Transitions and puck handling