The Richmond Ravens offer rep programs (competitive, high-level hockey) at the U13, U15 and U18 divisions.
HEAD COACHES FOR 2023/24
- U18 AA: AJ Sander
- U15 AA: Natalie Korenic and Milan Dragicevic
- U13 AA: Gord Taylor
2023-2024 Richmond Ravens Rep Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Richmond Ravens MHA Rep ‘A’ Hockey is a Tier 1 program with Rep teams in the U13, U15, and U18 A divisions. For the 2023-24 season will have at least 1 team in each Division (possibly 2 Teams if Rep registration and skill level allows).
A Rep Coaching Team will consist of paid Head Coaches along with paid or unpaid Assistant Coaches. These coaches will receive guidance and mentoring from our Director of Hockey Development, Milan Dragicevic
Rep Tryout Schedule
Tryout Details will be announced in August and will take place the first week of September. There will be no tryouts Labour Day Long weekend.
Development & Performance
The mission of the Richmond Ravens Rep Hockey Program is to develop well-rounded young female athletes and citizens. We emphasize a healthy balance between hockey and life in an environment where our athletes can grow as female hockey players and members of the community. Players represent the Richmond Ravens, and we expect them to be outstanding ambassadors for the game and the community of Richmond, BC. Our approach is to nurture the whole player. We do this by having qualified and experienced Coaches who will motivate our female hockey players and help them get to the next level. Our goal is to provide the best hockey experience available for our young aspiring female athletes.
Estimated Rep Fees
Each player will be required to pay the following fees as part of the RRFHA Rep Hockey Program:
- Registration Fees for each division, U13, U15 & U18
- TRYOUT FEES - $100.00 per player & goalie. Will be invoiced and to be paid in full before tryouts begin through TeamSnap.
- REP FEES – Invoiced by RRFHA and includes fees for the paid Head Coach, extra weekly practice ice, increased individual skills vs larger grouped skills and carding fee (U13-U18)
A1 Teams (13/15/18)
REP FEE is $785 PER PLAYER
A2 Teams* (13/15/18)
REP FEE is $350 PER PLAYER (non-paid coach fee)
* if paid coach - increased fees to A1 cost
- TEAM FEES – paid and organized by your team, in addition to what you pay for registration, tryouts, and rep fees. On average, team fees range from $800 to $1,200 depending on the team and division. TEAM FEES include some of the following costs:
- Team functions
- Team clothing
- 3-4 tournaments fees/travel
- Coaches' expenses (local & away)
- Additional practices, exhibition referee fees, additional skill training – on and off ice, assistant coaches, and dryland.
Note: Potential tournament locations: San Jose CA/ Las Vegas NV/ Whitby ON/ Vancouver Island BC/ Okanagan BC/ Calgary AB/ Edmonton AB.
Note: Provincial Championship costs are not included in Rep or Team fees and is possible to be hosted outside the Lower Mainland.
Please note that these are estimated costs only, to be used as a guideline to give members an idea of potential costs to be part of the rep program. Once teams are formed, the team manager and treasurer will provide a budget to review with parents. Costs can be reduced with team fundraising and sponsorships.
REGISTRATION FEE + TRY OUT FEE + REP FEE + TEAM FEES = TOTAL FEES