Hello Ravens and Families,
Now that we are mostly organized into our teams and are attending our first team practices it's an important time for a few key safety-related reminders.
1. The use of any form of camera, video camera, camera phone, cell phone, or personal digital assistant (PDA) is PROHIBITED in any recreational facility change rooms during BC hockey sanctioned events AND any Ravens event (including practices and dryland). Every season the Risk Management team deals with players that have taken photos of other players or themselves in the dressing room and have posted it on social media - some of these have been cases where the player in the photo was not fully dressed. We encourage you to help your children keep their cell phones out of the dressing room this season.
2. It is MANDATORY that all coaches and helpers wear helmets on the ice.
3. At no time are parents/spectators allowed behind the bench. This includes during practices. These areas are not adequately protected by glass and hence are restricted to team or game officials only.
4. Players are not permitted on the ice if there is no authorized coach or on-ice help in attendance.
5. When on the ice for practices and games, please make sure all bench doors are closed.
6. Any time an adult enters a dressing room, there must be two adults present ("two-deep"method). If one adult is male, he must be accompanied by a female adult. Adult males are not to enter a change room when the girls are changing at Atom and above ages.
7. Players of Atom age and younger should not be left at the rink without a parent or designated adult supervisor. For all age groups, please ensure that the team officials have your cell phone number so that they can contact you immediately should they need to.
More information can be found at: